Saturday, March 17, 2007

Tearing through the years

Okay, so I'm looking for a 1k bond scholarship I won in high school. I'm frantic since I can't find it, so I'm systematically going through my draws and cleaning out all the old crap that I don't need anymore. What follows are interesting things I find in the drawer.

A jury summons
A chart that explains how to tell if a freckle deformation is cancer.
A few spanish papers. I realize I make the mistake of repeating of repeating certain words in my writing.
The infamouse 92.7. How I hated that grade. I got it in every single class in high school, without fail.
A letter from my ex girl friend written in pink ink. Reading it made me laugh lol.
Income tax returns
A letter I wrote to myself way back when declaring I won't play video games for 1 year, with a calendar written out on the back. The X's go on for 2 months before stopping LOL.
** dammit I haven't lost this bond. I just can't find it yet **
An unopened bank statement from October 2003. I had 500 dollars in my bank account, I'm the man.
I've found the letter saying I've been awarded the scholarship, but no bond. Dammit what a teaser
An unread packet detailing how to succeed at UCI. It remains unread.
The manual to a Blue Fusion 5200 Series Web enabled automation controller. I have no idea really what it's supposed to control.
3 receipts totaling to proof I was a guinea pig for 1.5 hours.
A UCI parking ticket that was never paid or enforced.
My GRE scores. They make me cry.
A scholarship for UTD that's actually a good deal larger than the scholarship I'm getting from UCI. Unfortunately UTD doesn't have Andre.
A set of instructions and list of materials needed to build bassoon reeds.
Most Improved Band Member from my middle school band. Hoo-rah!
Tentative schedule for Marching band. This was the year we did New York Voices lol.
Another guide to success at UCI. This one was read!
A visual catalogue of Yamaha flutes, plus a printed list of Yamaha flutes (with a few highlighted and one circled). On this one, turns out my email was once calamari@access1.net hehe
An award for participating in the Regional Bands of America Marching Band competition in Las Vegas, Nevada. We came in 2nd to last place that year (16th) in our division. I remember Romel yelled at us: "If you're going to beat one band, just 1 band, make sure you beat the Sesame Street Band". They were the band that did more dancing than marching/playing music. Thankfully, we beat them. XD
A big picture of me and Mike holding a bowl of Nachos on his 18th birthday. Hell yeah! He's got his mike's life hat on lol.
Page 1 of 2 (page 2 is gone! =O) of a program I apparently copyrighted.
LOL, a guide on how to avoid arguments. Man I sound like a know it all when I wrote this, someone needed to smack some reality in to me.
50 lines about beauty
25 lines and a brief essay on Virtue.
A weak paper on the holy hierarchy.
Standardized test scores. I was in the 34 percentile for reading comprehension, but 92 percentile for history. This proves my hypothesis: I did, in fact, learn through osmosis.
An award by the city to the Black and Gold Brigade Marching band because we rocked so hard. Boo yeah.
Group picture from 6th grade camp!
The 40 dollar receipt for a program I bought for 10 dollars. Best deal ever!
A journal I kept from 2nd grade ROFL.
August 19, 1992: I like my reacotkinchlcar because it can go real fast. (reacotkinchlcar = remote control car)
August 24, 1992: I like the sea. I wish that I lived under the sea with all the amnol.
August 26, 1992: I like dinosaur because they are vyve big they are 5 stree they were so big they can rule the aus. (poor Austria, being oppressed by dinosaurs and all).
August 27, 1992: In spellin gtsst I never Mest one in secnt grade but I will mes a spelling test someday. (Christ, I was a cocky kid. How the hell did I even PASS a spelling test like that)
August 28, 1992: Today is Firday. I'm have a spelling test. I will see if I can pas my test. I maybe past my test or not. (The irony is killing me!!)
September 16, 1992: I like my house because if you didn't have a house you will be homeless if you do not know what that's mean that mean's that you have no home (man I'm glad they didn't put homeless on the GRE verbal section, I would have been screwed!)

Crap no bond.... :(

No comments: