Friday, March 23, 2007

Day 0, Prepping

I'm on my way to Argentina tomorrow ^_^

There's rougly 30 hours of traveling ahead of us. We're leaving at 10:30 by shuttle, plane leaves at 2pm, and then it's 12 hours of flying before we touch base in Chile. It's a 5 hour wait there, then we fly to Cordoba where my aunt is picking us up at the air port. I'm whoafully unprepared for this, so we'll see how it goes!

I've got my reading material all ready to go. I'm going to finish off A Game of Thrones, then move on to the second book of the series: A Song of Ice and Fire. Also, I'm going to finally read the Terry Winograd book Bringing Design to Software, and I'm also going to read Flow by some guy with a ridiculously long name with 10 consonants in a row.

It kind of scares me to leave Mission Viejo for a while. I've traveled the world before, but in the last 2 years I've been appreciating the city so much I don't want to leave its comfortable sites. These next two weeks I won't have my great gigantic room, no lake, no borders, and no spectrum =O. Hopefully, in its place, there's going to be lots of people to meet, get a glimpse of what it was like for my parents to grow up, and have some general fun :) . This may sound silly, but the part of the trip I'm really looking forward to is the part where I get back, I've grown to love home too much! Ha! I'm savoring my room right now, in all its messy glory, because it's going to be a while before I get to see it again.

Anyhow, for the next few days, I'm going to try to chronicle the events that happen so I can read them later on right on this blog. A side effect of that though is others will get to know events of my dad and I's travels as they unfold =D.

Chau Mission Viejo! I'll see you when I get back!

No comments: